Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I learned something new today

I learned a couple of new things today. First I learned that it is a good thing we planted my son's sunflower house on a hill where we really don't want anything to grow: http://www.thisgardenisillegal.com/2006/08/is-your-sunflower-inhibiting-you.html

Next, I learned that some people can't tell a zuchinni and a cucumber apart (like my husband). Dan thought that he would make a salad for dinner - which I thought was really nice and I hated to hurt his feelings by picking the zuchinni out, but I really don't like zuchinni and I thought he knew that (unless it is baked in something like zuchinni bread). But, of course he noticed me picking them out and asked - "what's wrong? I thought you liked cucumbers?" He honestly thought he had cut up a cucumber! To me, the difference is obvious - guess it is always good to see the world through someone else's eyes.

No comments: