Saturday, August 12, 2006

A good gardening morning

I love that it is getting cooler over night - the mornings are nice to garden now before it gets too hot. Yesterday I finally found time to get to the garden center without a child and had time to really shop and spend my $25 gift card that I had gotten for Mother's Day back in May. With end of season sales, I got a lot more for my money than I would have gotten in May. I got 2 day lillies - "Happy Return" and 2 coneflowers - "White Swan" as well as a bunch of seed packets for 10 cents each - I got some cool weather things that I can still plant this year like lettuce and radishes. This morning I planted the day lillies and coneflowers. I dug up some purple coneflowers (and offered them on freecycle - great way to get rid of excess plants - if you are not familar with freecycle, go to http://www.freecycle.org/ for more information and to see if there is a group in your area), weeded the perennial beds and cut back the grapes out of my neighbors yard again - not a bad morning. Tomorrow is my 48th birthday - a very good age to be!

No comments: