Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Time for a rain dance!

My son and I have decided that it is time for a rain dance. The lawn is very brown and the time it is taking to water every night is time that is not spent weeding or playing with my child. The forecast includes a heat wave with temperatures possibly reaching 100 this weekend for the first time since July 13, 1995 - and no rain. Now I did see some rain recently - yesterday in fact. It rained for about 20 minutes in downtown Minneapolis, but by the time I got home to my suburban home 5 hours later I saw no signs of the rain having touched my garden. So my son came up with the idea of a rain dance - why not? It certainly can't hurt and it should be fun. I'll let you know if it works........

4 comments:

Carol Michel said...

I think this might be my first visit to your blog, found you via Garden Voices. I like why you garden! We are getting soaked in central Indiana, so please make sure to do the rain dance such that it is just for you!! I hope you do get some rain, soon.

Kathi said...

Thanks Carol - I checked out your blog as well and I am envious of how big your garden is! The lack of rain here is getting serious - I was just reading the local paper and the farmer's are really suffering - the rain dance didn't work last night, but when we repeat it, we will make sure it is specific for MN, ND & SD - where it is needed!

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Esther in Appleton. I am very impressed with your gardening and can't imagine where you find time to care for it and then put it all on the net. I was hoping to see a photo of your little guy, and maybe even you and hubby.

Esther

Kathi said...

Hey Esther - glad to "see" you. If you look around, there are some pictures of my little guy and of me - but none of Dan - he is camera shy! I don't know where I find the time either - but putting it on the web keeps me committed to keeping it up - and it's fun.