Tuesday, May 29, 2007

In my garden today 5/29/07

The apple tree is loaded with little apples


I transplanted the pepper plants today - now everything is in the ground


Strawberries are ripening


The black raspberries I transplanted in the spring are flowering so maybe I'll get some fruit from them this year - I thought I might lose a year with a transplant.


The pole beans are all up. The green beans on the right came up before the yellow beans on the left even though they were planted at the same time.


I don't know how well you can see with my cheap camera (my nice one died), but the carrots are all up in nice little rows.


The potatoes are looking good


The currant bushes are loaded.


The sunflower fort has been planted, but this year we put mulch in the middle so prickly weeds don't grow - the boys didn't like playing in there much last year because of the weeds!

7 quarts of rhubarb ready for the freezer. Rhubarb is real easy to freeze - just cut up and put in bags and stick in the freezer - nothing to it!


I have some flowers blooming as well. I don't pay attention to the names of the flowers as I do to the veggies - so I can't even think of what kind of flowers they are right now.


The Minnesota peaches are growing bigger. I just hope I can keep the boys from picking them green. Andy and Vinny (the neighbor) picked quite a few green apples over the weekend - I have told them not to touch the peaches, but they don't always listen.


The tomatoes are bouncing back from transplant shock.


The cabbage and brussels sprouts are loving this cool weather.


No comments: