Wednesday, May 16, 2007

In my garden this morning

Lots to see in my garden this morning.

The tomatoes are starting to bounce back from transplant shock. I do think I lost one or two - but most look like this one. Next week they will be looking good.


The Red Cabbage is loving the cool weather and doing good.


The Brussels Sprouts are also doing good.


The cauliflower was planted out this past weekend the same as the tomatoes and they haven't fully recovered from transplant shock yet either - but give them a week and they'll be looking fine!


The onions are looking great. I could start pulling some for green onions now if I needed to.


The last lettuce that I planted out is recovering mostly from transplant shock (this was the third planting) - but I think I may have lost the red one on the right.

The first lettuce I planted out is looking good. I will start picking the outer leaves for my evening salad in the next few days. I can't wait - nothing tastes better than lettuce you grow yourself!


The lettuce I direct seeded in the garden is also up and doing good. To the right you can see the radishes are also up.


The carrots are up - well, not the Nelson hybrid, but all of the other varieties I planted are up.


You can see baby beets here.


And the potatoes are starting to peek through the ground as well.

So far I am pretty pleased with how the garden is shaping up this year.


1 comment:

Cazzie!!! said...

How awesome, I want to begin a veggie garden again too. We have been in our new place afew months now, and I want to teach my 4 kids something wonderful from this also.