Saturday, November 03, 2007

Gardening is so good for the soul

I know I have mentioned it before but I think it is worth mentioning again - gardening is so good for the soul. I was feeling very betrayed and angry this morning and now after an hour in the garden I feel so much better. I am able to put it all in perspective and realize that just because people on the internet are not always who they seem - it doesn't matter - it isn't real life. And it was good motivation to get out there and get the tomato plants pulled up and the cages put away for the winter. Even though we have only had a couple of light frosts - it is November and time to put the garden to bed for the winter. It is incredible to me that the tomato plants were still alive and I never even covered them. I still have hot peppers alive too. The hot peppers are next on my list and then the only things still growing are brussells sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower - which all love the cool weather.

2 comments:

Connie said...

The frost was late in coming this year, but finally came on the 30th of October. I had already pulled out my tomato plants, peppers,green beans etc., as I wanted to get the garden cleaned up while the weather was still pleasant.
I agree with you that gardening is good for the soul...mind and body, too! :-)

www.espaƱa-3d.com said...

Pretty effective info, thanks for the post.